- Boiled sweet potatoes – 1
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – 1-2 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1-2 pinch (optional)
- Garlic paste or grated – 2 tsp.
- Chopped green chilly as per your taste
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp.
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Peas or corn – 1/2 cup (boiled or frozen)
- Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
- Oil/Butter for shallow frying
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Peel and mash the potato in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients, mix well and adjust salt and chilly as per your taste.
- Heat sufficient oil in the pan on medium heat.
- Take a portion of the mixture, shape into small ball and press lightly.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- You can use cookie cutter to shape them into different shapes.
- Place the cutlet in the frying pan.
- Shallow fry till both the sides are golden in color.
- Drain extra oils and place them on absorbent paper.
- Sweet potato cutlet is ready, serve hot with chutney.