Today I have completed one year of my blog, thank you all my followers and friends for your support. To celebrate this I am sharing my very special sweet dish recipe with you all, I hope you will like it
- Whole milk – 1 liter
- Lemon – 1 (you can also use vinegar)
- Sugar – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
- Food color – as per your choice
- All purpose flour/Maida– 2 tsp.
- Boil whole milk in a pan.
- Keep stirring once a while.
- When milk is boiled switch off the flame and start adding lemon juice, as the milk starts to ferment stop adding lemon juice.
- Place a muslin/cotton cloth in a strainer and put the fermented milk in it, to separate remaining water from chena.
- Add 1/2 cup water into the chena and squash.
- Add 2 cup of water into the pan, cardamom powder, sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now put chena in to the blender and blend for 1-2 seconds.
- Place the chena on the plate, add maida and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Divide the chena into two portion and add 2 drops of food color in one portion and mix well.
- You can add another color into second portion if you want.
- Take the small portions of chena in your hand and shape them into small balls and cylinder shape.
- Roll the chena balls between your palms and keep them on a plate.
- Now put all the chena balls in boiling sugar syrup and close the lid, Cook for 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- After 15 minutes open the lid and cook for other 5 -10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down completely. Open the lid once it is cooled.
- Chom-chom has become puffy and doubled in size.
- Now take them out in a strainer for 15-20 minutes to drain extra sugar syrup.
- Coat with coconut powder or khoya and serve.
- You can also use unsalted Paneer from market.