- Whole wheat flour/ all purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar as per your taste
- Ghee / Vegetable oil – to fry malpua
- Pistachio / pista for garnishing
- Coconut powder – 1 tbsp.
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 tsp.
- Take a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now add water, make thin batter and whisk the batter nicely for 4-5 minutes.
- Batter is now ready with pouring consistency.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil into the kadhai on medium heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter at one time and fry until it gets golden brown from both the sides.
- Flip the side once it floats at the surface.
- Once malpua is cooked from both sides, take it out in a plate.
- You can garnish with pistachios and serve with curries or pickles, etc.