- Sesame seeds –1 tbsp.
- Peanuts –1 tbsp.
- Coconut powder –1 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil –2 tbsp
- Cumin/jeera seeds –1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder –1 tsp.
- Mirchi/chilli –3-4 (wash and dry)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder as per your taste
- Garam masala –1 tsp.
- Chopped onions –1 cup
- Tamarind juice – 1 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add peanuts, sesame seeds, coconuts powder and cook on low heat until it turns golden color.
- Heat oil in the pan, fry chilli for 1-2 min on medium heat and set aside.
- You can use the same pan and add little oil, cumin seeds and cook onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend fried onion and roasted ingredients along with 2 to 3 tsp water and make a thick paste.
- Heat oil into the kadhi/pan, add cumin seeds, grinded paste and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add red chilli powder, salt to taste, turmeric powder, tamarind juice and garam masala and mix well.
- Add enough water stir and make a thin gravy. Cook for 1-2 minute on medium heat add fried chilies and simmer on a low heat for 1 minute…
- Hyderabadi mirch ka saalan is ready to serve…