- Chopped capsicum (any color) –1 cup
- Chopped onions –1 cup
- Garlic –1-2 cloves
- Coconut powder/pieces – 1 tsp.(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil –2 tbsp.(if needed add little more oil )
- Green chilli or red chilli powder (as per you taste)
- Curry leaves – 6-7
- Mustard seeds –1 tsp.
- Whole dry red chilli -1
- Asafetida (hing) –1 pinch
- Oil –1 tsp
- Add oil to a hot pan add chopped onion, chopped capsicum, garlic and sauté till it becomes slightly soft.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Add fried ingredients into a jar add 1-2 tsp water, coconut (optional), chilli (as per your taste) and blend till it becomes smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into the bowl and add salt to taste.
- Heat a small pan add oil, mustard seeds and hing.
- When mustard seeds begin to crackle add curry leaves fry till they turn crisp and pour the over the capsicum chutney.
- Capsicum chutney is ready to serve….
Note –You can serve this chutney with Dosa, Idli, Puri, Paratha, etc…