- Whole milk – 1 liter
- Lemon – 1-2 (you can also use vinegar)
- Jaggery (Gudh) – 1/2 cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
- To make rasgulla, you need to first make paneer/chena from the milk. You can also use unsalted paneer from market.
- Heat whole milk in a non-stick pan and bring it to boil.
- Keep stirring once a while.
- When milk is boiled, remove the milk from heat and keep aside for 1-2minutes.
- After 1-2 minute add lemon juice, as the milk starts to ferment stop adding lemon juice.
- Place a muslin cloth/cotton cloth in a strainer and put the fermented milk on it to separate remaining water from paneer.
- Add 2.5 cup of water into the pan, let it boil.
- Once water is boiled add cardamom powder, jaggery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now put chena on the plate and using your hand press for 5-6 minutes until chena becomes completely smooth (You can use blender also).
- Take the small portions of chena in your hand and shape them into balls.
- Roll the chena balls between your palms and keep all of them on a plate.
- Now put all the paneer balls in boiling chashni and close the lid, Cook for 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down completely. Once the cools down open the lid.
- Rasgullas have become puffy and doubled in size. Now take them out in a bowl and serve it.