- Tomatoes –3-4
- Vegetable oil /ghee/butter –2 tbsp.
- Bay leaves –1-2
- Fennel seeds –1 tsp.
- Seedless Dates –3-4 pieces if you have dates with seed then remove the seeds before preparation
- Sugar or Jaggery–1/2 (as per your taste)
- Red chilli powder –1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala powder –1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds, bay leaves and sauté for few minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes and dates and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add salt to taste, red chilli powder, jaggery or sugar mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Tomato chutney is ready to serve.