- Beetroot –1/2 cup (peel, wash and grate the beetroot)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee or butter – 1 tbsp.
- Dry fruits –Sliced almonds,pistachios, etc.
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Pre-Heat a pan on medium heat and add ghee into it.
- When ghee is melted add grated beetroot in the pan.
- Roast for 2-3 minutes and stir constantly.
- After 2-3 minutes add milk and cook until all the milk gets absorbed completely.
- Now add sugar into it. Cook until it dries completely.
- Keep stirring constantly so that the beetroot doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Now add cardamom powder, dry fruits into it and mix well.
- Beetroot halwa is ready, turn off the heat and serve beetroot halwa in a bowl as a dessert.