Valentines day is here, so I am sharing an Valentines Day special recipe with you. You can try this romantic dish at home
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 Cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter or Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Food color (red, yellow, green)
- Sugar (as per your taste) – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder (optional)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat a kadai or pan on medium flame.
- Add milk, Ghee and all purpose flour and mix well.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame, keep stirring constantly.
- After 2 minutes switch off the heat,transfer the dough into a plate.
- Knead the dough thoroughly for 1-2 minutes after it become soft.
- Divide the dough into a three to four equal part, add colors and mix well.
- Take a small ball, and with the help of rolling pin, roll the dough in circle shape.
- Use a glass to cut the flattened dough into small circles.
- Follow the instructions in the video to shape the dough into a rose.
- You can mix more than one colored dough, to make a multi-color rose
- Follow the instructions in the video to make leaves of the rose.
- Add 1 cup sugar with 1 ½ cup of water in another pan to make sugar syrup. Cook it until all the sugar dissolves into the water and become little thick (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- When the syrup is ready, turn off the flame, add cardamom powder into it and allow it to cool down for few minutes. Check with your fingertip, when you see 1 thread of the sugar syrup between your fingertips, it means sugar syrup is ready.
- Fry Rose Pitha on low flame, you need lot of patience while frying, if you increase the heat this might remain uncooked from inside.
- When it starts floating in the oil, flip the Rose Pitha until it turns light brown in color.
- Dip the fried Rose Pitha 2-3 at a time into the warm sugar syrup for few seconds and transfer to another plate.
- Flower Rose Pitha is ready to serve.