- Orange –2
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Extra Sugar for coating
- Cut oranges into quarters and peel the skin away from the fruit carefully
- Cut the peel into slices and remove extra white skins from the inner layer of the peels, otherwise your orange peel candies may taste bitter.
- Place the peel into the pan and add enough water so that the peel is covered completely. After boiling for 2 minutes, drain the water from pan. Repeat this step 2 times, this is required to remove the bitterness of the orange skin.
- Add 2 cup water and sugar into the pan, bring it to boil and keep stirring constantly.
- Cook peeled strips for 30-35 minutes on low heat and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes until the peel strips are soft and slightly translucent.
- Once its done, turn off the stove and allow the peels to cool down completely.
- Take the peels one by one and roll them in sugar.
- Allow them to dry for 7-8 hours.
- You can store home made orange peel candy for up to 2-3 weeks in an air-tight container.
- Instead of coating the peels in sugar you can also use melted chocolate to coat the orange peels.