- Seedless dates – ½ cup
- Seedless tamarind – ½ cup
- Jaggery/ sugar – ½ cup (as par you taste)
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Black salt to taste
- Vegetable / olive oil – 1 table spoon
- Bay leaves – 2
- Garam masala – ½ tea spoon
- Fennel seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Heat a pan, add dates, tamarind and 1 cup water, cover and cook till the mixture comes to boil.
- Switch off the flame, let it cool down completely.
- Strain it using a strainer, keep it aside.
- Heat another pan, add oil, fennel seeds, bay leaves and sauté them.
- Add ½ cup water and jaggery cook for 2 minutes. Make sure all the jaggery is dissolved completely.
- Add tamarind – dates pulps, red chilli powder, black salt, garam masala and mix well, cook for 5 minutes.
- Meethi/sweet chutney is ready, let it cool down completely, store in a refrigerator and use as required.