Vegetable Hakka noodles is a Chinese recipe. This is one of the most simple yet favorite recipe liked by people of all age groups specially for kids. My daughter loves this recipe and almost every other day she ask me to prepare this recipe either for lunch or dinner.
This recipe not only delicious but also rich in vitamins and important food minerals, and it’s a good way to give little ones some of the important nutrients.
In this post I am going to provide step by step methods which you can follow and prepare vegetable hakka noodles at home.
- Raw Noodles – 100 gm
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tsp
- White vinegar – 1 tsp
- Chilly sauce – 1 tsp OR Green chilly – 1-2
- Salt – to taste
- Black paper – 2 pinch
- Onion sliced (or green spring onion) – 1 medium size
- Green capsicum sliced – 1 cup
- Cabbage (finely shredded) – 1 cup
- Carrot sliced – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Garlic chopped – 2-3 clove
- Heat the water in a utensil, add 2 pinch salt, ½ tsp Oil and cover the utensil. Water should be good enough to submerge the noodles completely into it.
- Once water started boiling, add the noodles into it, allow noodles to boil till they turn little bit soft. Avoid boiling too much otherwise the noodles will become sticky.
- Remove water from noodles by draining water through strainer.
- To remove starch from the noodles wash the noodles with water.
- After washing, noodles are completely separated from each other. Keep it aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a nonstick pan, add garlic, onion and fry for 1 min.
- Add capsicum, carrot and cabbage stir fry for 2 minutes, tossing continuously.
- Add salt to taste, black paper, soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, green chili and toss well.
- Add boiled noodles, mix all these ingredients thoroughly and cook for couple of minutes.
- Veg Hakka noodles is ready, you can garnishing with spring onion, serve with tomato sauce.