Preparation Time: 60-65 minutes
Serving: 2-4 persons
- Whole Milk – 1 cup
- Curd /yogurt – 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1cup
- Vanilla essence –1 tsp
- Custard power –2 tsp
- Sugar/brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Take ¼ cup of sugar in a pan. Add 1 tsp water and cook till the sugar caramelizes (little brown). keep stirring cook on medium flame.
- Pour the caramel into a mold and let it cool down.
- Take a bowl, add milk,custard powder, curd, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla essence and stir with a spoon / whisker to dissolve it till lumps disappear.
- Pour the mixture into the mold (You can also take stainless steel bowl or glass bowl). Cover with the aluminum foil.
- Heat 2 cup water in a pressure cooker(Do not use the whistle) or idlli maker.
- Place the mold in the idlli maker and cover the lid. Steam for 30 min.
- After 30 minutes take out the mold out of the idlli maker and let it cool down completely. Now keep the caramel custard in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, run a small knife around the edges and Flip the caramel custard on the plate.
- Caramel custard is ready, you can serve this as a dessert.