Preparation Time: 3-4 hours
Serving: 2-4 persons
- Boiled Chick peas (Kabuli Chana) – 2 cup
- Boiled potato – 1 medium size
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Green cardamom – 1-2
- Chopped onion – 1 medium
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Salt –to taste
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilly –2-3 (you can also use red chilly or powder)
- Black paper – 2 pinch
- Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves) –1 tsp
- Gram masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- All-purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 pinch
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt –1 pinch
- Ajwain – 2 pinch
- Take a bowl, add plane flour, sugar, salt, Ajwain and mix all together.
- Now with help of curd prepare the dough of the mixture.
- When the dough is ready, take few drops of oil on your hands and knead the dough for 7-8 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Cover the dough and keep it in room temperature for 1 ½ hours.
- Keep the pan/kadai on medium heat, add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, and cardamom and sauté for few second.
- Add onion and cook for 1-2 min till it turns light brown, now add ginger paste, garlic paste, and tomato puree into the pan.
- After cooking for 2-3 minutes add all the masala into the pan.
- Keep stirring the ingredients every 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- The oil has starts floating over the mixtures this indicates that masala is ready.
- Now add 1 ½ – 2 cup water into the pan, mix them and cover it with a lid so that the gravy start boiling quickly.
- When masala started boiling, add boiled chick peas and potato.
- Add salt to taste and kasuri methi, mix all together cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Chole is ready, garnish with coriander leaves before you serve.
Note – You can adjust the thickness of chole by adding some water according to taste.
- For bhature heat the oil in a Kadai /pan.
- Apply dry flour on your palms and prepare the dough balls.
- Take a dough ball, bind it with the flour and roll them (using rolling pin) into oval or round shape.
- Place the oil on high to medium flame for frying. Fry the bhatura until it turns golden brown from both the sides and place it on a dry plate. Repeat same process for all the dough balls.
- Bhature is ready. Serve with Chole and Onion Salad.