Preparation Time: 40-45 min
Serving: 2-3 person
- Cooked Basmati rice -2 cup
- Chopped potato – ½ cup
- Chopped carrot- ½ cup
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Paneer (dice size) – ½ cup
- Chopped Cauliflower – ½ Cup
- Medium sized sliced Onion – 1
- Dry mix fruits (cashew, raisins, almonds) – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee (you can take oil also) – 4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4-5
- Bay leaves – 2-3
- Star flower – 1
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Heat a pan add ghee in the pan and wait for the ghee to melt.
- Fry all vegetables and paneer one by one on medium heat, when it turns little brown in color, take them out in a plate.
- Now roast the dry fruits for few seconds, take them out in a plate.
- Add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaves, star flower and onion in the pan and sauté for few minutes, then add cooked basmati rice, mix well and cook for few minutes (approx. 1-2 minutes).
- Add fried vegetables, roasted dry fruits, salt and mix all ingredients really well.
- Turn off the stove then add lemon juice mix well. Cover the pan and leave for 5 minutes.
- Navratan pulao is ready, you can garnish with fried onion. Sever hot with Tadka dal.
Note – You can add saffron for color and flavors.