- Boiled, peeled potatoes- 5-6 medium size
- Corn flour/corn starch- 5 tsps.
- Black paper-1/2 tsp.
- Salt-1 tsp./ to taste.
- Cheese –2/3 tsps..
- Italian seasoning –1/2 tsp.
- Oil for deep frying
- First use a grater to grate the potatoes.
- Take a bowl add all grated potatoes, some salt, cheese, corn flour, black paper and Italian seasoning. Mix well knead to a soft dough.
- Put the dough in fridge for 20-25 min.
- Divide it into equal portions/size and roll it to the size of a lemon.
- Flatten all the dough balls.
- Use a straw to make eyes and a spoon to make the smiles.
- Pre-Heat oil for deep frying. Deep fry smileys into medium hot oil, stirring gently, till it turns golden and crispy. Note: If the smileys starts breaking you can add some corn starch in the dough.
- Potatoes smiley is ready. Serve with ketchup or with your favorite chutneys.